Wellcare is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centene Corporation, a leading multinational healthcare company dedicated to transforming community health, one person at a time. As of January 1, 2022, Centene’s Medicare brands include Allwell, Health Net, Fidelis Care, Trillium Advantage.
The Wellcare Medicare Pharmacy Provider Portal offers pharmacists a convenient way to manage their patients’ prescriptions and medications. Pharmacy members have access to the portal, which includes options to renew prescriptions, request pre-approval, and view a patient’s medication history.
Wellcare Member Eligibility
- Recently moved to the area
- You are or have recently reached the age of 65
- You suffer from a chronic illness.
- Losing your retirement savings
- You are 65 years old and have Medicaid insurance
- You are 65 or older, and there is only one reporting deadline where you live
- If you are 65 years old or older and have a spouse eligible for Social Security benefits.
- If you are age 65 or more senior and the widow of someone eligible for Social Security benefits, you may be eligible.
- A disabled individual under 65 who has received Social Security benefits for at least 24 months may qualify.
Register as soon as you qualify. Don’t stop applying if you are eligible. Those who go 63 days or more without “eligible drug coverage” must pay a late enrollment penalty. Health insurance is enough.
Understanding Enrollment Periods
There are specific times when you may participate in a Medicare Advantage or Medicare drug plan or make changes to your Medicare coverage. These are called “registration periods.”
AEP: The annual application period starts on October 15 and ends on December 7.
IEP: The Initial Enrollment Period is when someone is first eligible to enroll in Medicare. For most people, this is at age 65.
SEP: You can benefit from a particular enrollment period when certain life events occur every month. You can benefit from a SEP.
MA OEP: Medicare Advantage open enrollment begins January 1 and ends March 31.